You're visitor #
You're visitor #

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Dance to the Rythm 17th thru to 18th

Ohh great, the day (17th Dec 2005) I got my second chance to dance on a public floor in Eastwood Palace, the event was meant for Christmas but the organising party could not book the venue to be on the 25th so we had it on the 17th instead. From 7pm~1am, this is one time frame I've never thought of for this event.

There was karaoke & people danced to the tunes, most of them are Rthym & some of them Four Step. Well, to my surprise, teacher wasn't punctual that night. Later on I found out that he had to attend his church stuffs so he was late. Phew, & I thought that our performance was gonna postpone to after a few sessions of other dances. Yeah, before the performance I got warm up with the Rythm & Four Step. I was taught only some of the basics for these dances during the practice sessions we had a few weeks before. Teacher said that we should know not only Cha Cha, Waltz & Jive but these 2 as well since the fact that most of the tunes are based on the Four Step & Rythm.

Okay, The performance came & I think I made small mistakes at the "Three Under Arms" part, my footwork was off a little, man was I nervous & it costed me this. Luckily other parts of the dance were well done & I think the practice we had really paid off.

Ohh, I saw 1 of my junior (from Chung Hua Miri) during the event, his name, Zhen Da if I remember it right & his partner Hadriana or was it Adriana. Wow, her name is so close to mine. Zhen Da's only form 3 & his partner form 2 but their cha cha seems pretty good, the twist & hip were done nicely. Bong & Honey were doing great on their Cha Cha as well, spontaneous flow of the dance. I, on the other hand, still will tend to break a little after some steps due to "miscommunication" with my partner & that the space wasn't big enough to perform some "outstanding" actions ;p. Sigh! I really need to formulate some dance moves for spontaneous dance flow. There was another girl in red whom I've seen before in the last dance event I attended in Eastwood Palace. This "girl in red" I never had the chance to know her since she was dancing almost most of the time & you bet she's really good, AND she has the "look" too. I don't think I can keep up with her, YET!

The night was fun, my Waltz is ok but err, I kinda get to bump into others & this really annoys me. You see I'm still a beginner & I still lack the skill to avoid bumps & continue gracefully. Even if I successfully avoided the bumps, some things might still catch me later, like wrong footwork or wrong direction. Why? There are alot of couples dancing & I really had to watch out for myself & my partner, haha.

For Rythm & Four Step I'm doing cool, these 2 dances although require standard footwork but the angle is somewhat liberal or flexible. It's different for Waltz, you can change the angle but for me I'll get mixed up & eventually lost myself (more practice needed). Jive, on the other hand, is easier to get into, I have no idea why but I had a great time on Jive, no bumping into others at all & the flow of the dance was seamless.

I got tired after "Jiving" for some while, sat on my chair & watch the pros dance Tango, Rumba & Salsa. Ms. Sit suggested that we go for Tango lessons next year, I think Benny & Carol would agree & I kinda like Tango too, it's special. The Rumba is somewhat like Cha Cha, as you might have known, they share "common ancestry". The difference is basically on the footwork or the number of steps you need to work on. Cha Cha has more of steps & is considerable faster paced. Rumba has less steps but the body or arm, limb action requires alot of attention, this is commonly known as the hard part (Heard this from Angel). Ohh well, but the music is really romantic for Rumba, I thk I gotta learn this dance as well, but don't know when it'll be.

This night is also the first time I tried some Disco dance, the disco dance is just dancing to the beat. Haha, there was alot of people on the dance floor & I can really feel their "wrath". Woohoo! Another thing to take note is I drank alot of Red Wine & got a little drunk, I repeat, a LITTLE drunk in between. Ohh man, getting drunk at home is good, but outside, ahh ahh, I had to drink alot of water before getting my feet back again. But no worries, I "regain consciousnous" long before the party ends & still get to dance for long enough.

We left like 30 minutes before the party ended. I sent Bong home (Airport Road) & then Ms Sit (Faradel Garden). Reached home around 1.20am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

Cool... definitely gotta learn some dance moves.... sigh

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home